WallStreet Prep Analyzing Financial Reports questions and answers 2023
1. True or false: 10-Q's must be filed four times a year for publicly traded companies.: False;
only 3x a year
2. True or False: Both the 10-K and 10-Q filings are audited.: False; only 10-K
filings are audited
3. True or false: All publicly traded companies and private companies with revenues greater
than $850m must file 10-K's annually with the SEC.: False
4. True or false: For large accelerated filers, 10-K's must be filed no later than
90 days after the fiscal year-end date.: False; for large accelerated filers, 10-Ks must be filed
not later than 60 days after the fiscal year-end date.
5. True or false: For accelerated filers, 10-K's must be filed no later than 90 days after the
fiscal year end date.: False; For accelerated filers, 10-K's must be filed no later than 60 days after
the fiscal year-end date.
6. Companies often produce glossy annual reports.
True or false: These reports cannot contain information not included in the
7. Part I of the 10-K contains the Management Discussion & Analysis section, while Part II
contains the Financial statements and Footnotes.: False
8. It is 4/18/2014. What are the revenues Google reported on its latest avail- able quarterly
financials (use revenues for the latest three months)? Enter as a positive number in millions
without $ sign or comma separator (Ex:
2345): Google reported $15,420 million in revenues -- Source filing: 4/16/14 8-k
9. Did Google eliminate stock-based compensation expense when calcu- lating its Non-GAAP
EPS on its latest available quarterly financials?: yes; Reconciliation is available in the 8-K PR
10. Does Google provide this GAAP to non-GAAP reconciliation in its latest
11. It is 4/18/2014. What is Google's latest available actual share count (in- clude both
classes)? Please provide your answer without comma separator or decimal (Ex:
23456326563): Answer: 280,844,569 + 55,800,053 = 336644622
- date is March 17, 2014, per the March 28 2014 proxy.
Contact the Author
to contact this author.