ServSafe Alcohol Exam Questions & Answers
1. T/F You may be charged with a crime simply for serving a guest who appears to be intoxicated.: True
2. T/F It is illegal to serve alcohol to a pregnant woman.: False
3. T/F Dram shop laws protect the server from being sued in the event that an intoxicated guest injures another individual.: False
4. T/F The state liquor authority can suspend an establishment's liquor li- cense for allowing a minor to enter the establishment with a fake ID.: True
5. T/F All guests must be 21 years old to purchase alcohol.: True
6. What is the difference between Criminal Law and Civil Law?: Criminal Law
- May face criminal charges if you break state, county, or municipal alcohol laws. (Criminal court)
Civil Law - Can be sued to pay damages to an injured guest if you contributed to the guest's injury or did nothing to prevent it. (Civil court)
7. Dram Shop Laws: - Allow a third party to sue for injuries caused by a guest who was drinking there.
- Allow third parties to sue business, employees, etc.
- Provide limits on money damages that can be awarded to third parties.
8. What are the three types of damages awarded?: Actual Damages
9. How old do you need to be to purchase alcohol in all 50 states?: 21 years old
10. Who is alcohol authority?: State or municipal agency that enforces alcohol regulations and licensing laws.
- Often called ABC (Alcohol Beverage Control)
11. When are you allowed to serve alcohol?: 9AM - 2AM
12. How old do you have to be to serve alcohol?: 18 Years Old
13. State or municipal liquor authorities can issue citations for a) drunk driving
b) serving a pregnant woman c) serving alcohol to a minor
Contact the Author
to contact this author.