NUR380 Module 6 Test solutions 2023
8. Is a HIS a MIS?: Yes, a health information system is a type of a
management information system.
9. What are good data bases to find nursing information and
research?: CIN- HAL, Cochrane Library, ProQuest, PsychINFO
10. What is an EHR?: Electronic Health Record
11. A nurse needs to add a special assessment flow sheet to
the EHR that is available but hidden. What tool will the nurse
use?: A widget
12. What CAI does the ABSN program use?: ATI
13. What are the levels of simulation used in nursing
programs?: High fidelity:
uses life-like manikins in a more real environment
Mid-fidelity: uses manikin or task trainer but not in a realistic
Low-fidelity: computer based or paper-based tasks, IV arm
14. Students complete end of course evaluations. This
information is format- ted for review to make adjustments to
the course. What it is called to save this amount of
information?: Data warehousing
15. True/False: Since the EHR is the patient's information, the
nurse does not need to log off when finishing charting in a
patient's room.: False, Maintaining confidentiality requires the
nurse to log off when leaving any computer.
16. The nurse notices a red highlight over a medication in the
Medication Administration Record (MAR) showing the
medication is late. What is this an example of?: A clinical
decision support system
17. A client has been having fever spikes on a regular basis.
The nurse wants to visualize this data to the charge nurse.
How can the EHR assist with this?: Data can be tracked and
placed on a graph automatically. The graph could show that the
client has a spike in their temperature every afternoon.
18. The nurse plans to hang an IV medication using a pump.
As the nurse programs the pump, it gives a choice of 50 mg
or 100 mg under that medica- tion name. Is this an example of
computer assistance in nursing?: Yes, the IV pump has a
computerized library built in that has medication names and
standard doses and rates. This will prevent medication errors.
Contact the Author
to contact this author.