NR 222 Exam 1 Study guide 2022 (100% accurate)
NR 222: Exam 1 Study guide 2022 (100% accurate)
• What is the primary role of the nurse?
The primary role of a nurse is the delivery of direct services such as health education, flu shots, and
counseling in health promotion. Visible, direct deliver of nursing care is the foundation for the public
image of nursing.
• Identify the many roles that the nurse plays in the life of the patients?
Nurse Role Description Example
Advocate Provide guidance for a
person to achieve what they
entitled in the health care
A nurse provides orientation
to a patient and their family
when they are admitted to the
Care Manager Manages the nursing
processes to prevent
duplication of services,
maintain quality and safdety,
and reduce costs.
A nurse is the manager of a
patient and controls all the
actions and medicines given
Consultant Provide knowledge of the
nurse’s area of expertise to
improve health of patients or
A nurse has specific training
and experience in
Educator The nurse needs to be
prepared to be a teacher of
health care content.
A nurse plans and prepares
classes to a new group of
nurses joining the hospital.
Researcher Nurses must use existing
research literature and actual
evidence to define the best
health improvement plan.
A nurse uses “Evidence
Based Practices” to suggest a
care plan for a difficult
• What are the goals of Healthy People 2020?
Health Promotion and disease prevention efforts.
There are 4 goals of Health People 2020:
1. Attain longer lives with high quality: free of preventable diseases, disability, and
2. Health equity: improve the health for all groups
3. Promote good health through social and physical environments for all
4. Promote quality of life, healthy development, and healthy behaviors
• What are primary, secondary and tertiary interventions? Give examples of each
Contact the Author
to contact this author.